Monday, November 10, 2014

Woodsy Thinking of You

Today's card uses a die and stamp set from Sweet and Sassy. I've been looking for an excuse to use it.  It worked in so well with several of the current challenges, so I quickly grabbed it and went to work. I started with a blue background panel . I then stamped and die cut the trees, deer, and birds. For the lower background I tore a piece of shimmery cardstock, added a little glue, and sprinkled some distress glitter. The sentiment and frame is from Tim Holtz.
I am entering this card in these challenges: City Crafter -- my deer; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge -- thinking of you; Marks Finest Papers Color challenge -- rust, blue, green; and Fashionable Stamping -- animals.

6 comments:

Sid said...

Fab bare forest effect with the background " Love your card !

Stampsnob. said...

What a beautiful background forest , this is a lovely card Thank you for sharing at MFP Color Challenge.....Lis

kReN said...

I love "deer in the woods" cards and yours is just perfect. Thanks for joining in on the MFP/Color Challenge.

kReN, MFP/DT

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card!! Thanks so much for playing long at CCCB!!

Stella said...

Love that background you created with the bare (birch) trees. The birds are cuties and your deer is a stunning focal point. Lovely; thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

Teresa Kline said...

this is an awesome card, luv those trees! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*