Friday, November 21, 2014

Be Thankful

I had a wonderful and busy day in the studio today. I used the Mojo Monday sketch challenge as my layout inspiration. However, I made a few artistic prerogative changes. First I turned the sketch 90 degrees to the right. Then, instead of a card, I made a tag.
I started with a black tag cut using a Tim Holtz die. The layering panel was dry embossed and then highlighted with distress ink. My stamped top panel was made using the acorn blueprint framelits set from Tim Holtz ( a prize from Mario and Tim for the 12 Tags challenge)  That is really a fun set to use. The layered acorn represents the circle on the sketch. I added the sentiment on the ribbon hanging from the top.
My tag is being entered in these additional challenges: Ink on my Fingers Sunday challenge -- black; Word Art Wednesday -- anything goes; Mixed Media -- stamps.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational art with us at Word Art Wednesday. We so appreciate you taking time to visit us.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeousness indeedily Barbara.. LOVE the addition of the canvas, that just brings the whole design together... fab! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Lalo said...

Oh such an awesome tag and so great for the thanksgivings holiday. The layering with the die-cut piece is lovely!

Lalo
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge DT

Donna B. said...

What a fun tag that is perfect for Thanksgiving! I love all blueprint stamps. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Rachel said...

great tag! love all that texture you added with the embossed papers. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com