Monday, June 23, 2014

To Have and To Hold

Ever since I received my Cheery Lynn Beautiful Bells Doily, I have had this card design in mind. This week I was finally able to create my card. I used shades of kraft and beige as the background. It's not the traditional colors for a wedding card, but I love the white doily against the kraft. Adding the mini fanciful flourish and baby's breath flowers complete the wedding theme. In addition to the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge of weddings, Kraft Journal had a summer color challenge. The colors worked perfectly with my card. The wedding sentiment is a stamp from Stampsmith.
I am also entering my card into these challenges: Word Art Wednesday -- anything goes and Dies R Us -- weddings.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is just splendid! I love the die and the wonderful flower flourish! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Unknown said...

The blooming flourish is also an eye catcher on this wonderfully beautiful card. We appreciate that you have taken time to share with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Darlene said...

I just love this CLD die ... so pretty and your beautiful verse and flowers are all that was needed! PERFECT!! Beautiful job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WEDDING’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

MaxiBelle Studio said...

that Cheery Lyn die is stunning. Great use of the flourish & small flowers to add a little bit more to the card. love the use of the colour combo too. Thanks for joining us for our Wedding challenge.

Alicia (Dies R Us DT)

MaxiBelle Studio

Robin said...

Nice design and I love that Cheery Lyn die! Thanks for participating in our ‘WEDDING’ challenge at Dies R Us!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Barbara Great card. That doily really is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Challenge. Good Luck to you
Debbie

shulsart said...

Your doily looks stunning against the kraft background, Barbara. Love the little flowers on the fanciful flourish. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Kristi said...

Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining us at The Kraft Journal!♥