Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Celebrate With a Friend

The 4th of July is next week. It's time to celebrate the red, white, and blue. It's also time to bring out my flag background stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs. I thought I'd try something a slight bit different. I colored the sections with distress stains and then stamped on watercolor paper. I used the textured side of the paper to achieve a textured look. Since the 4th is the birthday of our country, I added a birthday sentiment. I wanted a star frame for my little friends (ODBD), but wouldn't you know, with the hundreds of dies I own, I didn't have a star that was the right size. So, I turned to something that I never thought I'd use again -- my Coluzzle. I'll bet many of the paper crafters out there never heard of the Coluzzle. Briefly it is a bunch of plastic templates with a special cutting pad and a swivel blade knife that you can use to cut out shapes. I had the perfect sized star with a background panel sized star. I cut out my friends on the smaller star using the outside the box technique and layered it on the larger star. I used red cardstock as my base card.
I am entering this card into these challenges: Our Daily Bread Designs -- birthday with ODBD stamps; City Crafter -- red, white, and blue; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge -- you gotta have friends; and Artistic Stamper -- color it red.

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Barbara, what a fabulous idea to make a birthday card for our country! I love it, and how you've used the flag background and the hand-cut star! Those little sweeties are cute as they celebrate! Lovely card, and I'm so glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful Patriotic Birthday card for our country,Barbara!! I love the Flag background!! The silhouette is so sweet in your hand cut star!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at ODBD!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a Wonderful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

So lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!