Monday, April 28, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 -- April

April is quickly coming to a close. That means it's time to share another tag inspired by the wonderful Tim Holtz in his 12 Tags of 2014 challenge. I really like the way Tim used  tissue tape and paint to make the background collage. I ventured away from my comfort zone a little with my color choices. Mustard seed and persimmon seemed to work as the background and embellishing ribbon for the roses.  I did have to improvise a little with the trellis. I haven't received my frameworks dies yet, so I used a similar die from Cheery Lynn. The shape worked fine, but the thin die doesn't cut through grungepaper totally (I knew I couldn't use grungeboard.) , so I had to use a scissors to finish the cut. The pinecone die really makes  pretty roses, doesn't it?
 I am also entering my tag into these challenges: Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge -- inspired by yellow and City Crafter --paint it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for linking up this week at CCCB :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fabulous tag! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Meihsia Liu said...

This tag is fabulous! Love the beautiful embellishments and textures. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Claudia N. said...

Wow - how beautiful! That yellow ribbon is the perfect addition to your beautiful, beautiful tag, Barbara!

Claudia x