Friday, February 21, 2014

Hope

My card layout today is based on the Mojo Monday challenge layout. I created the background using the distressed letterpress technique. Putting distress ink over one side of an embossing folder and then embossing the cardstock results in a cool background. I cut a piece of burlap paper for the back layering panel. The next panel was stamped in white ink using the Sweet 'n Sassy birch trees stamp and the tops of some trees from Mark's Finest Papers. The bird and sentiment are also MFP stamps and the little squirrels are from SnS. Except for the squirrels, I only used parts of all the stamps to get the look I wanted. I used the sentiment "Hope" because I'm tired of this winter weather and hope that Spring will be here soon! Please!!!
I am entering my card into these challenges: Mojo Monday Card Sketch challenge -- sketch; Mark's Finest Papers Tutorial Time on Speedy TV challenge -- distressed letterpress; and the Sweet 'n Sassy Friday Feature challenge --delightful backgrounds.

5 comments:

Cathymac said...

Beautiful combination of elements on your card, Barbara! The letterpress background looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our background challenge this week!

Pat said...

You've done an awesome job with this technique. Love your card. Thanks for joining TTSTV

Jane said...

Such a Beautiful card! Great job done on the tutorial too.
Thanks for joining us this week at TTSTV.
Jane

Karenladd said...

I saw this on the MFP challenge and had to take a closer look at this beautiful card! Love the embossing plate you used and the extra texture from the burlap paper. This is gorgeous!

Stampsnob. said...

Blue ......... well you can't go wrong TFS at SF&F......Lis