Saturday, May 18, 2013

Let Us Begin

My card today started out as a piece of designer paper that I had pulled out to use on another project, but then went a different way.  Since Simon Says Stamp and Show challenged us to use a little paper, this was a great beginning. The paper was from a 6x6 pad from My Mind's Eye. I then laid a stencil over the panel and covered the rest with embossing ink. I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the piece. Using a script background stamp from Rogue Redhead Designs, I stamped over the panel. I then sprayed the piece with key lime glitter mist. The embossed area resisted the stamping ink and the spray. The piece now has a shine and glimmer while maintaining the integrity of the background image. The sentiment is from the Our Daily Bread Designs Mother Theresa quotes. The frame was cut from wood paper. I did stain it with walnut distress stain to make it darker. The roses were made from a Spellbinders spiral flower die. I finished off with a pearl flourish to add a touch of bling.
I am entering this card into several other challenges: Ink on My Fingers Sunday challenge--irresistable; Tuesday Throwdown--Smell the Roses; Our Daily Bread Designs--wood or stone; Three Muses--quote; Inspiration Journal--Don't Quote Me; and Artistic Stamper--words.

8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

great card love the roses and sentiment and the bling flourish -thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
carol Dt x

Hels Sheridan said...

ooh I am loving the stencilled and embossed papers, that looks coolio! Love your creation Barbara... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Barbara!!I love the colors and the flowers!!Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!
Hugs,
Chrus

Krisha said...

Beautiful card, loving the layers you created.

Pam said...

Beautiful flowers, love the quote too!

Margaret said...

Very pretty. Love the sentiment you used. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Sarah said...

Very elegant and such lovely flowers! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

Artyjen said...

Sweet card...great colours too on that DP ;) Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month.
xoxo Sioux