Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas Cardinal

I know I've been MIA from my blog and from challenges lately. I have been trying to keep up with my 2 year old granddaughter more than usual, but on the art front I have a great announcement. I was invited to join the Scrapbook News Review team as a staffer. I've been spending a bit of time trying to get up to speed with them. It's exciting that my cards and art will be published on a regular basis and I'll be doing a few tutorials too.
Now back to my card. I had a peaceful day today, so I finally was able to catch up with my Blogger's Challenge card. The theme this week is birds of a feather. I'll also be able to share my card in a number of other challenges. Hels at Ink on my Fingers also had a bird challenge. Three Muses is looking for animals. Marks Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends challenge is pop it up (use pop dots). Both the bow and the cardinal are popped.  Artistic Stamper has an anything goes challenge. Great Impressions wants to see holiday creativity.
To create my card I used design paper from My Mind's Eye for the background panel. The cardinal is from Heartfelt Creations. I stamped and embossed him on red cardstock. The wreath and bow are die cut using Tim Holtz's die. The sentiment is an Outlines Sticker and was placed on a label die cut using a Spellbinders die.


7 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Congrats Barb - such exciting news! Fab holiday card, love the added die cut cardinal!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card with the beautiful bow and cardinal. Congrats on your news. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a beautiful cardinal Christmas card! Love the bow. Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge.

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the Christmas cardinal. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Kate said...

Very pretty! The cardinal is certainly striking. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

Hels Sheridan said...

YAY for you.. congrats!!! Love your card, that Wreath has just fallen into my basket and checked itself out and is on its way to me now... erm... I blame you rofl Apologies for the late visit... rubbish internet at the moment! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Mary Marsh said...

first a big congrats on your new dt position-I can see why you were chosen this cards is so pretty-love the cardinal image-thanks for sharing it with us at the Great Impressions Stamps "holiday challenge"