Thursday, August 23, 2012

Steampunk

I decided to have a little fun with a steampunk card today. I used the sketch from the Critter Sketch challenge as the basis for my layout. All of the stamps used are from Artistic Outpost. Since the August challenge at Artistic Outpost is anything goes, my card fits right in. The Sunday Challenge at Ink on my Fingers is steampunk, so I'm right on target.
I started my card by embossing a metal foil sheet with the riveted metal texture fade (Tim Holtz). I used ginger and black soot alcohol ink to distress it.  I stamped and adhered the image panels and added a few gears and some number washi tape. And there you have my bit of steampunk for today.

5 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous, anything that has a train on it is going to be a big hit with me... love it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I just love anything with those rivets embossed on it, and this is fabulous! The train is one I've been admiring for some time at AO, and it looks great here...
Alison x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous use of the AO Steampunk set, love the riveted background! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

marion said...

Lovely take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back soon in our next challenge. Hugs, marion

Sharla said...

Great card! You pulled off the steam punk look perfectly. Thanks for joining our challenge at Critter Sketch! ~Sharla :)