Friday, July 27, 2012

Non-Traditional Christmas Card

This week the challenge at Bloggers Challenge is Christmas in July. At Stampsmith the challenge is Christmas in July, summer colors. The Stampendous challenge is citrus.
I began by stamping my focal image, The Conductor from Stampsmith, on glossy cardstock. I colored the image using dye inks and my coloring nibs. I die cut the image using a Spellbinders ornament die and layered it on some lime green cardstock. The background was made by dividing the cardstock in 4 quarters. Using a cube stamp of pine branches from Stampendous I stamped in opposite corners with Adirondack citrus green ink. The other two corners were colored using squeezed lemonade distress ink. The background panel was layered on a lime green panel and then everything was layered on a yellow card base. The sentiment is an outline sticker. I think the combination makes for a bright and cheery, if non-traditonal Christmas card.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Such lovely use of The Conductor and to take a non-Christmas stamp to use on a Christmas card. The colours work so well also.
Thank you for joining us at TSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Debbie said...

Fabulous idea to use as an ornament! Love The Conductor stamp! Great design and colours! Thank you for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!

Debbie
^..^

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Barbara, this is so bright and cheerful! I love the use of the ornament die with the conductor! Thank you for joining us for The Stampsmith Challenge!
Val :)

Karen McAlpine said...

I really like how you colored the image. Reminds me of a vintage photo that is hand colored. Very nice!! Thank you for playing with The Stampsmith Challenge!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Fab use of the die for your image!

StampendousGraphics said...

Fun idea to use the citrus colors for Christmas!Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge!!