Monday, July 9, 2012

Kimono

Classy Cards 'n Such challenged us to use outline stickers and Fashionable Stamping had oriental as its theme. This is the card I came up with.
I had some beautiful Kodomo paper in my stash. I embossed it using the bamboo embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I highlighted the embossing with bundled sage distress ink and edged the background paper with victorian velvet distress ink.  I used the splash and stick technique from Technique Junkies on my outline sticker images. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and the other images are Kodomo stamps. (Unfortunately, I don't think that Kodomo is in business any more).
The Classy Cards 'n Such Shop has distress inks, reinkers, and markers, as well as a huge selection of outline stickers and embossing folders. There are lots of products to choose from and Beverly Bohannon is great to do business with.

7 comments:

Vicki Romaine said...

Beautiful card.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic card, love the kimono and the colours, great composition. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Netty said...

Loving the kimono, a smashing card. Annette x

Shirl said...

Beautiful colour tones Barbara, I have used this stamp on my box but my stamp is plain and you are right the stamps are discontinued which is such a shame. Lots of inking and embossing, love it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challengess.

Hugs Shirley x x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the kimono. Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
Meggymay

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wooo hooo, what a great card! I looove the kimono concept - what a better way to show the oriental vibe lol!:)). Thank you so much for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges with this fantastic project!

Best wishes, Joanna x
Ps. I have a great Mystery Summer Treat Candy on my blog :))

Claire said...

Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at FSC this time
Claire xx