Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kitty at the Window

They don't call it a challenge for nothing. This week Cheery Lynn's challenge was to add a door or window. Cheery Lynn has so many wonderful windows and doors dies, but unfortunately I don't have them yet. They are still on my wish list. So I went another route. I created a window and used the Dutch doily rectangle frame to create the lace curtains for the window. The kitty is sitting on the window sill dreaming of being outside. The outside view was made using a cuttlebug embossing folder with the bird and grasses. I used the flourishes from the Japanese lace and flourish frame and added sunflowers made with the miniature rose die. I am also adding this card in the Take a Word challenge since that theme is dream.

3 comments:

shulsart said...

Barbara, this is just adorable and oh so very clever. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the whole scene but the lacy curtains are fabulous and I think I recognize that cat :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

How cool is this great idea- I love your creativity creating the window! And- the scene is fab!