Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blossoms


Card open
The current challenge at Sweet Stamps is to create a card using the Double Dutch Fold. Classy Cards 'n Such challenged us to make 3-D Art. Inspiration Journal has water coloring as its monthly challenge.
My card uses the double dutch fold. Above is the closed card. At the left is the open view. For the CCnS challenge, I layered and popped up flowers from 3-D Art. I used a Cheery Lynn doily and two Cheery Lynn corners. I also added some Want2Scrap bling. (all available at Classy Cards'n Such).
Inspiration Journal wanted to see watercoloring. The flowers on the bottom doors were stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored using distress markers and a waterbrush. By the way, the stamps are part of a larger new release stamp from SweetStamps that I recently won. The new release flowers there are gorgeous.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Barb such an elegant card!!!! Love the color and the flowers!!!Wow !!! Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps!!!

Beverly Bohannon said...

Beautiful card, Barbara! I'm glad you are playing along with our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Fantastic card Barb! Love the flowers (esp. the SweetStamps ones at the bottom - heehee), very elegant touch with the doily, bling and corners! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

A beautiful card Barbara! I love the die and the flowers you used. I love this fun fold- I love the gorgeous flowers- beautifully done!

Vicki Romaine said...

Lovely card.