Thursday, November 10, 2011

Here comes the Sun

My grandson came to me all excited today because he had seen snow. Well, I didn't see it so I don't have to accept that we had snow...right! Here is my antidote to snow -- a bright happy sun surrounded by bright warm colors.
Actually, I had been seeing several cards done by TJers using the stacked nestie technique from the current newsletter. I loved the look of the technique and had to try it for myself. My image is a stamp from Stampendous; it's an oldie, but a goodie. I stamped the sun on yellow paper with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder. The second nestie layer was cut from a piece of Webster's Pages paper. The third was cut from goldenrod cardstock. These layers were adhered to a piece of glitter paper and then to the base cardstock. I added some topaz colored rhinestone flourishes for bling.

2 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the Stacked Nesties!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am with you- I am not ready for the snow! Awesome card!