Sunday, September 25, 2011

Autumn Morn

It's the time of the year when Autumn is a popular theme for challenges. This week four of my favorite challenges had autumn as their theme: Stampsmith, Kraft Journal, Tuesday Throwdown, and I Brake for Challenges.

My image is from Stampsmith's Bridal Morn. When I saw the image I envisioned her sitting beneath a tree with leaves beginning to change color. The image is stamped on a very smooth cardstock and is colored with Prisma colored pencils. The background was done with a batik technique. First I stamped the Oak Leaf background stamp (Heartfelt Creations) with versamark and heat embossed it using a clear powder. Then I smooshed the cardstock with spiced marmalade, green olive and mustard distress inks. I wiped the ink off the embossed areas leaving the leaves imprint on an autumn colored background. All of the layers were adhered to a kraft card base.

4 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Gorgeously colored!! Great image and love your batik background. Cool die cut...Spellbinders? Thanks for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful fall-themed card! Your coloring is lovely and I really like how you distressed the image, too! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Barbara
So good to see you return to TSC and what a glorious card you have created.
Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Barbara,

Oh, she looks like she's found such a relaxing autumn place to go hide. I wish I was there! lol :) Thanks for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge this week and best of luck in the draw! :)

Julie