Friday, September 16, 2011

Autumn Leaves

Who's Got the button? is the theme at Bloggers Challenge this week. As I checked my button box I found these cute leaf buttons, and since the weather has turned a bit chilly in Chicago, I decided to go with an autumn leaves theme. Using the embellished circles technique from the Apr/May 2011 TJ newsletter, I stamped various types of circles across my card. The leaves became the embellishments. The circle stamps are SU and Club Scrap. The sentiment has been in my stash a long time and I don't remember who made it.
This card also qualifies for the Three Muses challenge of Autumn and the Critter Sketch challenge which was an inspiration challenge based on this
photo. I focused on the autumn leaves in reds, yellows, greens and browns.

13 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Barbara this is so cute! Great work!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the circle shapes with the leaf buttons, very cool layout

Ida said...

Wonderful fall themed card. Your use of the Leaf buttons and circles is just fabulous (that's the kind of buttons I was looking for).

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Great card and great photo of your tree.

Evelyn S. said...

Falling buttons....how cute!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

What a great take on the challenge! Love the leaf buttons!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful fall themed card - great way to used the embellished circles technique! Love the leaf buttons!

JP Card Crazy said...

Great fall card. Love the leaf buttons!

Taluula said...

Lovely card.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Great take on the photo, love your buttons! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Ozstuff said...

Love your autumn buttons, Barbara! Thanks for joining in at the Three Muses this week.

Marjie Kemper said...

Great card! Love the buttons and how you've placed them on the different sizes of circles.

Terry said...

Never would have thought of Fall buttons! Beautiful use of circles to display the buttons! Love this! I wish it would cool down here, we are still in the higher 90's!