Friday, August 26, 2011

TIC TAC TOE


This week's Bloggers Challenge was really fun. Lisa gave us a tic tac toe board and we had to choose our winning row by using those items in that row on our artwork. I chose to go straight across the bottom row. I can't take credit for the layout, however. I followed the sketch for the Mojo Monday Sketch 205 challenge.
My image and sentiment are from the Artistic Outpost sheet Flapper Fashions. The circle frame around her is a die cut (Spellbinders Butterfly Circle). The three patterned designer papers are from Prima. Two of them were punched along the edges. The seam binding ribbon and bow were colored using victorian velvet distress ink and embellished with a button.
Both of these challenges were fun and they worked so well together. I can't wait to see how everyone else interprets this challenge.

10 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

One of my all time favorite images! Your card is lovely, Barbara! Have a great weekend!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab take on both challenge! The flapper image looks wonderful as your focal image, love the colors!

Basement Stamper said...

Love that sentiment, very cute!

Ida said...

Wonderful Vintage card. Love your Flapper image and the Die Cut behind her. Great take on both challenges.

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is so elegant! Lovely!!!

NanaConnie said...

Love this take on the Mojo sketch! I worked with it yesterday but wasn't happy with what I did. Yours is so elegant and vintage! Wonderful.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty! What a great sketch! Love your mix of colors too! :D

Terry said...

Beautiful way to combine those challenges! Love the Flapper Girl and the way you framed her. Wonderful!

Lori said...

Fabulous--great job with both of the challenges!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I love this card- the colors work beautifully! I love the image- so pretty!