Friday, August 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Bloggers Challenge this week is a sketch provided by our group mom, Lisa. I love sketch challenges because it is always so interesting to see how each person interprets the sketch. When I started I had a totally different idea of what I was going to do. Then I found the row of houses (Club Scrap) and I thought it would be fun to follow the house theme, using the houses instead of a ribbon. Even my backgrounds are house related -- brick and marble.
This card also meets the challenge at The Kraft Journal using Kraft Outlet paper as the base card.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cards this week.  Happy Friday!

10 comments:

Terry said...

Love this "Home Sweet Home" card! The background is a perfect foundation for your house! Wonderful colors!! Happy Friday!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the row of houses on this! Super cute job on the sketch.

Ida said...

Great card. I love how your card developed. The row of houses looks great and the brick background is fabulous.

Kim Duran said...

How adorable! The little neighborhood scene across the bottom is a great detail! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Kraft Journal!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great card! The row of houses is the perfect touch!

Yvonne Garner said...

Great card. Love all the house-related details. Happy Friday to you, too!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is wonderful,Barbara. Great card.

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the added houses, great sentiment!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a neat take on the sketch - I love it!

Lori said...

Great job with the sketch--love the combination of elements!