Friday, August 5, 2011

Color Challenge Inchies


Bloggers Challenge this week is a color challenge. At first I thought that the colors would be hard to use. I don't usually think of green, purple, and brown as going together. However, once I pulled out the right stamps, the right designer paper and some Club Scrap cardstock, everything fell into place.
I started with some new stamps from Chapel Road Artstamps -- Inchy Designs and Inchy Words and stamped them on various pieces of green design paper of various shades. I used a one inch square punch to cut them out. A little vintage photo distress ink along the edges finished them. I layered the inchies on a piece of kraft cardstock which I had embossed with the dots and then highlighted with vintage photo distress ink. I then adhered the brown layer to a piece of green Designer Paper with purple flowers (also used for some of the inchies) and then layered everything to a purple base card. The inchy card is a variation of the By the Inch technique from the Oct/Nov 2010 TJ newsletter.
I look forward to seeing what everyone else has created using these colors. Happy Friday.

12 comments:

Di's Place said...

I think this is awesome Barbara. The inchie stamps are great

Basement Stamper said...

great card, love the inchies!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of this weeks colors - love the grid design!

Yvonne Garner said...

Great interpretation! Got away from inchies until recently. Enjoying them again. Have a great weekend.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific inchie art, Barbara. Love the framing! Great card.

Ida said...

Great take on these colors. The inchies are so unique and fun. I love the little "grapes" (you'll see why on my card)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your great card- and great play on the color challenge. The inchie design is great!

Lori said...

Great way to show off the inchie stamps!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun creation, Barbara! I LOVE these inchie stamps...so delightful! :D

Lynne Phelps said...

This is wonderful! What you have done with this odd color combo is fantastic. Love your distressed inchie tiles, your collection of images and words is so interesting together!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love your inchies.

Lisa Bohler said...

This type of layout is so difficult for me but you pulled it off terrific!!!