Friday, June 24, 2011

Wings

This week our Bloggers Challenge is Things With Wings. I immediately thought of this little owl from Stampotique. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday for the layout of my card. The background is double embossed metal from the TJ CD Emboss or Die (or the Feb/Mar 2010 TJ newsletter). This week Simon Says Stamp and Show some metal. I cut a piece of green metal to card panel size.  I started with the tree trunk folder. Yes, I know that tree trunks aren't green; consider it creative license. I over embossed with the cattails folder. The owl is holding his banner, "I believe I can fly". He's probably been around a number of graduations this year and has the song stuck in his head.

I've got a second card to share. I did it for a DT inspiration card. The images are all digitals from Moonlight Journey. It makes me laugh. I hope it brings a smile to your face.

3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

both cards are great Barb, love that 2nd one, they look so funny and happy!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the sentiments you use! You create really great scenes too : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Perfect EF for the first card! The 2nd card is def a hoot, luv it!