Sunday, June 12, 2011

Color it Green with Trees

Grungy Monday's challenge this week is Distress Ink.  This is a very easy challenge for me since I use distress ink on almost everything I do. I decided to use the TJ technique Ghost-in-Distress for my card. The embossed stamp is from Impression Obsession. All of the leaves are from Tim Holtz's line. For my base color I used scattered straw. The leaves are a combination of forest green, shabby shutter, crushed olive, and pine needles. The sentiment is from Stampscapes. To finish my card, I adhered the focal panel to a green panel. For my base cardstock I used Kraft. By the way this weeks challenge at Critter Sketch is to use kraft on our card.

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colors!

Martha said...

This is a wonderful card! The white tree is unexpected and very striking. Well done!

Linda Ledbetter said...

I would frame this and hang it on my wall in a heartbeat! Barbara, this is a stunner! That technique is TOO cool, and you've used it, and those Distress Inks, perfectly. This design is just brilliant.