Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun Folds

This week is the beginning of another challenge at the Class Act Insider blog. The challenge is to create a non-traditional card using a unique fold or shape. I chose to create a tri-fold shutter card. Trust me, it looks much more complicated than it really is. Starting with a 5 1/2 x 12 inch sheet of paper, it takes four scores and two cuts. You can find detailed directions HERE. The real fun begins when you start to decorate the card. I started with a designer paper from My Mind's Eye to cover each of the sections. All of the stamps used are from the Chapel Road Artstamps division of Class Act Inc. The sentiment on the front is from Small Poems. I used a rhinestone flourish for a little bling. All of the flowers are from Rudbeckia Angle. The butterflies are from Butterfly Square. The sentiment and flowers were all created using the Copics expressions technique from Technique Junkies. Using alcohol and Copics direct to stamp, you can get lovely watercolor-looking images. I like the technique also because you can use different colors on the stamp and only stamp it once. I hope my card sends out a feeling of spring to everyone.

2 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab fun fold! I still have yet to try one of these!

Lynne Phelps said...

I absolutely LOVE tri-shutter cards! Aren't they FUN? Yours is fabulous, so pretty and vivid! Here is a masculine version I made for my Dad, I had such a good time with it! Tri-shutter card for Dad