Thursday, April 28, 2011

Earth Laughs in Flowers


Even though the temperature isn't screaming spring, at least the flowers are starting to show themselves as I showed on Easter with photos of my magnolia tree. This card is a celebration of spring flowers. I started with a piece of white cardstock. I used weathered wood distress stain for the color and then stamped the background using the Chapel Road Artstamps Floral Background stamp in fuschia. The sentiment stamp, also from Chapel Road Artstamps, is from the stamps set, Small Poems. I used the level up technique from Technique Junkies on the flowers in the sentiment circle for dimension. The circle is layered on a tag from Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 which is layered over a ribbon. The pearl flourishes were created using the cream colored Viva Pearl Pen.

2 comments:

Chris Arlington said...

Thanks for the tips. Beautiful card.
I don't know what the level up technique is cuz I am new TJ. I am sure I will find out. I love the pearls you created too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love the flowers and the colors :)