Sunday, February 20, 2011

Route 66

I got my kicks making this card today. The challenge at Critter Sketch #52 was to use this sketch and add pink. Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge 142 was Route 66/numbers. I pulled out a set of stamps I love to use, Artistic Outpost Route 66. all the stamps used on this card are from this set. I started by stamping the road map four times on the background panel. Then, because maps are not usually white and since I needed pink for the challenge, I sprayed the background with Vintage Pink Glimmer mist for both color and glimmer. I also used a cuttlebug folder to add a little texture. I used a little artistic license for the triangles across the top of the card by using one of Tim Holtz' On the Edge dies. I've been wanting to use this ribbon to represent a road for a long time.
Road trip anyone???

2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

FABBY card Barbara... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool is this?! Wonderful card.