Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quilt Pattern Floral Tag

I haven't worked on a tag since Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas, so this project was a lot of fun. This week Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tag and Created by Hand says to create art using the theme of "Quilting/Stitches". I started my tag  with a background using the Patchwork technique from the June/July 2010 Technique Junkies newsletter. Once the segments were colored with distress inks, I waterstamped the leaves background stamp from Heartfelt Creations.  The zigzag stitching is a Tim Holtz stamp. The sentiment is from Club Scrap. Each of the flowers was stamped four times (two larger and two smaller stamps) and cut out. The petals were rounded using a rounding tool. The  flowers and flourish are also  from Heartfelt creations. I used a pretty brad as the flowers' centers. Using a paper piercer, I pierced holes along the edges of the tag and drew in the edge stitches.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Lovely tag
Love the stitches
thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Dan said...

Great tag - I love the stitched panel effect you created! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Yogi said...

what a beautiful tag. love the wuilt look. Those flowers are wonderful.
Thanks for playing along on Created By Hand for our Stitching challenge