Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 32

The weeks are flying by, We have almost completed all of the techniques in Tim Holtz' book for the Compendium of Curiosities challenges. This week we tried the inking and stamping masks technique. I had to improvise a little, since I didnt have the masking material. I ended up using a transparency and a spray tempoary glue. It worked well, although I had to rub off some residue glue after I finished. I used a technique learned during the 12 tags of Christmas. I made a stamp using a sheet of foam and a die. I used the die to make the mask also. The background was made using distress inks: dusty concord, peeled paint, broken china, and worn lipstick. The card was edged in walnut stain. Antique linen was layered over the entire card and then various stamps were used. I thought that the sentiment "Live in the moment..." was appropriate for a snowman image.

9 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love this, fun colorful BG!

donna said...

Too funny. Great tag. I love your colors.

Marjie Kemper said...

I love your background... so pleasing to the eye with all the layered stamping! Nice sentiment for the snowman.... thanks for the smile!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is adorable! Great job on improvising for the technique.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just luv it Barb! Beautiful bg too

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Great card. How fun to use a silhouette.

Terry said...

Just love your snowman! Such a fun card!

MarleneMAZ said...

Great card! love the snowman:)

Linda Ledbetter said...

You did a fabulous job improvising, Barbara! I love the snowman silhouette and the beautiful background. What a spectacular color combination! I wouldn't mind winter one bit if it was THIS gorgeous!