Sunday, February 6, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 30

This week the Compendium of Curiosities challenge is Altered Metal with Paint from p.48 of Tim's book. Well, there's a lot of love in the air at this time of year, so my card reflects that feeling. Hel's Challenge at Ink on my Fingers was sentiments.

The background of my card is from one of Tim's paper stacks. It is overstamped using cool peri with one of Tim's flourish stamps. I used victorian velvet distress ink on the edges. The heart (Club Scrap) is stamped with fired brick distress ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. There is a keyhole on the heart stamp, so I put one of Tim's keyholes from the Idea-ology line over it and altered it with my white paint dabber.. The key and frame also have been altered using the white paint dabber. I stamped the main sentiment and used an oval fragment over it. It fit into the frame. (Not tightly, I did glue it with glossy accents). I stamped the other words using jet black ink.

8 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

OH, bravo! Well done Barbara!

Kelly O said...

Just beautiful, I love your metal elements. Awesome!

donna said...

Beautiful. I love all your metal embellishments!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

love this Barbara. Great metal painting.

Terry said...

Beautiful altered metal piece! Love this!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Stunning colours and those sentiments really pop... thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper x

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is a perfect Valentine, Barbara! I love the subtle overstamping on the background, and the embossed heart is gorgeous, especially with the beautifully altered metal pieces. The way you sprinkled the romantic words around the imagery is so clever. What a sweet work of art!