Friday, December 17, 2010

Bloggers Challenge 182



This week the Bloggers Challenge was a sketch challenge. (Lisa, this was a cool sketch.) I kind of started backwards with this one. I had this background paper which I really wanted to use. Even though it has a distressed look, it also has sparkle. Besides I like deer. For my image I chose this wintery scene from Heartfelt Creations. I thought it was the kind of place you might find the deer wandering about. Since I'm still working on Christmas, I thought the jingle bell punches worked well, and of course, the sentiment is definitely Christmas. I can't wait to see how the other group members interpreted this scene.
I came very close to not being able to play today. My Internet was down for about 24 hours. Six of those hours I spent on the phone trying to get it back up and running. Fortunately, as you can see, it was successful...draining, but successful.

14 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful and unique..love it :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful holiday card! The MME papers would wonderfully with the HC image, great use of the sketch!

Marsha Fisher said...

SUCH a pretty Christmas card--love both the focal image and the deer BG paper!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card art is wonderful,Barbara. Beautifully created.
Merry Christmas, Hugs, Gayle

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Very pretty. I love the ribbon.

Basement Stamper said...

Great bells with the paper. The wintery scene is gorgeous.

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a beautiful scene- love the DSP. Wonderful Christmas card.

Tami Black said...

So glad you got to post -- I love your focal image! I can see deer wandering about there and think you colored it beautifully!

Nikki Bond said...

Love the BG paper with this image! gorgeous! {SMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

The background paper & the image work so well together and the lace trimmed with ribbon is a GREAT Finish!

Lori said...

Beautiful! The deer on your background paper work perfectly with the wintery scene.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just beautiful, the layout is perfect and the paper and stamp goes great together. Love that Minds Eye paper.

JP Card Crazy said...

Great card wonderful colors and wonderful take on the sketch!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a beautiful main image Barbara! You did a wonderful job with Lisa's sketch! :D