Friday, November 5, 2010

Hallowe'en in Wonderland -- Oh Alice Chapter 37

The challenge at Oh Alice came on Halloween weekend, so the challenge is Halloween. I decided to play a little with this theme. Graphics 45 has the most wonderful Hallowe'en in Wonderland paper stack. I found this tin box with a top window. When I combined paper and tin, this is what I came up with. There is no stamping on this project. (This may be a first for me.) However, there are art techniques. I started by using alcohol inks to color the box (cloudy blue, sailboat blue, and twilight purple). I cut out the inner scene to fit the box and the outside characters and sentiment panels. I then highlighted the major elements with Creative Inspirations paints. These shimmery paints added a glow to the whole project. I hope Alice will approve.

1 comment:

Lynne Phelps said...

I love how you have turned the tin box into a little vignette! The color on the tin is lovely and the shimmer is lovely! Thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice!