Sunday, October 3, 2010

Triple Play

Let me begin by saying that I created this card with three challenges in mind. I am visiting my sister in Wisconsin for a week and I don't have access to all of my supplies. Don't get me wrong, she is well stocked with great supplies, but I am not as familiar with what she has and also I have to take over her computer to post. This card followed the challenges of three of the challenges I regularly participate in. (I created it with the challenges before me, so it is not just by chance). The challenges consist of a sketch - Critter Sketch Challenge,a color challenge - Color Throwdown, and a technique challenge - Simon Says Stamp and Show where the challenge was to show a distressed/sanded project. I've posted the sketch design and the color palette that my card was based on. The background was done using the Sanded Core'dinations technique from Technique Junkies. The image was colored using Creative Inspirations paints.
It's a chilly fall day in Wisconsin. I think I can honestly say that the frost in on the pumpkins. I know the fall feel is in the air.


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Lovely fall image! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the photo corners!! Neat sentiment too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a nice fall scene. Looks great in the Throwdown color combo.

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cool fall card Barbara!