Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Critter Sketch Challenge 19


This week's Critter Sketch challenge was a sketch. We were to create a pocket card. I did take a few liberties with my creation in terms of the actual sketch, but it follows the challenge in that my card is definitely a pocket card. I have to say that I enjoyed making this card. I used some two sided paper that I had purchased from QVC a few years ago. It's printed on one side and metallic on the other. I love the paper--I think I was saving it for a rainy day. Yep, we even had tornado warnings here in Chicago, so it was a perfect day to use the paper. I used a two-pocket card technique from Technique Junkies. The tags were created with my Spellbinders nestabilities labels die. All of the stamps are from Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz's line. The second stamp was cut from a paper embossed with the patchwork set embossing folder from Sizzix, also Tim Holtz line. The leaf ribbon on the tags was part of a gift bag of ribbon from Auntie Amy. I think the leaves make a cool tag pull.

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful double pocket card, thanks for playing at the CSCB.

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic pocket card, love how you used the leaves. Thanks for joining us at CSCB this week!

Craft Paper said...

Wow, what a great pocket card! I love the double pockets. Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge!

Moira said...

Gorgeous card!

Thanks for playing with us at Critter Challenge Blog, hope to see you next week!

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful pocket card, colors are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at the Critter Sketch challenge.

Heidi said...

Gorgeous Card! I love that it has two pockets. Fabulous papers! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge!