Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Created By Hand Challenge 06-08

This week's Created Byhand Challenge is to create art using the theme of “Graduation with Bling” in some way, shape, or fashion. At first I wasn't sure how to go about this challenge. Well, today the answer came to me, literally. I received my Tim Holtz Bigz Alterations die set Heart Wings in the mail and I knew what I was going to do. I die cut the outer heart and wings from grunge paper. The heart was painted first with a gold Adirondack dauber and then sprayed with Radiant Rains solar gold. It's definitely shimmery. The wings were painted with an ivory acrylic. The mortar board was stamped with a Club Scrap stamp on grunge paper, cut out, and painted with an Adirondack silver dauber, and then sprayed with Radiant Rains pewter. Both the mortar board and the wings were highlighted with silver Stickles. The under heart was die cut from paper and stamped with a stamp from Club Scrap. The sentiment, a Club Scrap stamp, was stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder. Even the black background paper is shimmery. Unfortunately, most of the glitz and shimmer is lost on the scan. Believe me, it is there.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

when in doubt, use a gold dauber. thanks for sharing

Max und Maria Hoefler said...

OH this is AWESOME!!!
Love the whole idea. Glad to see you playing with your new toys!
thanks for sharing.