Friday, May 28, 2010

Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge 25-4

Mahalo! Here's one last challenge card for the Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge this month. I decided to use the Kitchen Sink Stamp set "Aloha" for this card. I had several reasons. I really like the set and had never used it before; I haven't seen anything stamped with the set; and I guess I was thinking tropics as I enjoyed the beautiful weather here in Chicago today. As many times as I have used KSS stamps, I am still amazed at how detailed they end up stamping. The KSS Crew challenge is a sketch challenge. I had some fun with this one. I altered the layout slightly by using a horizontal layout. The colors I chose reminded me of the tropics. The background is dry embossed with one of Tim Holtz's new texture fades, "Cracked". It was done on Core'dinations paper and the design was sanded. The flower brads are from my stash. The paper is from Club Scrap.
Color recipes: (All inks used are Adirondack)
Hula Dancer -- 1 peach bellini, 2 butterscotch, 3 caramel, 4 rust
Flowers -- 1 shell pink, 2 peach sherbert, 3 raspberry, 4 wild plum
Leaves -- 1 willow, 2 lettuce, 3 meadow

No comments: