Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge 24-2

This card was so much fun to make. Things fell together even better than I pictured. The Kitchen Sink Stamps Crew Challenge is It's Hip to be Square and the card is to have as many squares on it as possible.

I started with a 3 inch white square. I wanted to use the large rose from the KSS Hearts and Roses set and I wanted it to be a red rose. Happy Birthday is a stamp from the Aloha set. Next I cut a 4 inch red square. I wanted to use the Fiskars border punch with the rose design (first time). I had no idea that the 3 inch square would slip so nicely into the border; what a happy surprise. I layered everything on to the 4.5 inch green square and then finished the card which was a 5 inch square. As a finishing touch I put a thin layer of Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the rose. This gives a beautiful sparkle to the rose.
Color recipes: All inks are Adirondack unless otherwise noted.
Leaves -- 1 willow, 2 citrus, 3 meadow
Rose -- 1 watermelon, 2 lady bug (Memento), 3 ruby (Club Scrap), 4 cranberry

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

My, oh my, Barbara!! This is a breath-taking beauty!! I love the stunning punched rose border for your gorgeous red rose!!

Keep 'em coming!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love your punched border to match the beautful Rose - it looks wonderful with the Stickles. Thanks for playing at Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Angela Knopf said...

How gorgeous! What a fun punch border too. And you can never go wrong with sparkly stickles either. Thanks for playing along again!

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Barbara! How I love the sparkly rose!! That border punch is just sooo perfect too!!