Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2009 Twelve Tags of Christmas Tag 1

It's that time of year and Tim Holtz is busy creating his Twelve Tags of Christmas. I decided that I would play along and try to do each tag of the day. I did complete tag #1 yesterday, but couldn't post until today because the stickles needed to dry. Tim used his tried and true techniques but added a little something extra for us to try. The scarf around the snowman's is made from two pieces of ribbon with a wire encased between them. By bending the ribbon with wire, it gives dimension and the look of the scarf blowing in the wind. The icicles at the top were made from Stickles. I decided to try and replicate what Tim creates as closely as possible unless I don't have the supply. I figure that he is the guru and I have a lot to learn from him.

1 comment:

Evelyn S. said...

The 'ombre' look of the tag is wonderful! These are really my favorite "Christmas colors."